Horsford Medical Centre PMS+ has been committed to providing a high quality General Practice service for over 20years and continues to do so in a well managed, modern and friendly setting with its dedicated staff.
- This practice aims to provide the highest quality health care available under the NHS to all its patients with a well trained, dedicated and motivated primary health care team.
- The practice recognises the special expertise of all of its staff and uses these skills for the benefit of the patients.
- The practice recognises the difficulties of the geographical area that it covers and will strive to maintain or improve the appropriate local services for its patients.
The Practice Values
- Patients' medical conditions will be managed according to the highest standards as defined by the profession.
- Patients will be treated with courtesy and consideration by all our staff.
- Patients will receive appropriate information about their condition and treatment.
- The practice will endeavour to educate patients on health care matters whenever possible.
- All staff participate in appropriate regular in-house and external training.
- The practice will pursue the interests of patients in respect of the Primary Care Trust and local or regional planning issues.
The Patients Values
- NHS treatment should be readily available locally when this is feasible.
- Patients will be provided with information regarding the services available within the practice via the practice leaflet and practice newsletter.
- Patients with problems which are considered urgent will be seen the same day.
The Patients Responsibilities
- Patients should attend their appointments at the arranged time. If this is not possible they should inform the surgery as soon as possible.
- We expect that patients will understand that appointments are for one person only.
- Patients are responsible for their own health, and the health of their children, and should co-operate with the practice in endeavouring to keep themselves healthy. It is our job to give you professional help and advice, it is your job to act on it!
- Follow the guidelines on times to telephone for appointments (routine or same-day), home visits, medical results general help and advice as detailed in the practice leaflet.
- Home visits should only be requested for patients who are seriously ill or housebound. It is important to bear in mind that most medical problems are dealt with more effectively in the clinical setting of a well equipped surgery or hospital. All requests for Home Visits should be made before 10am. Patients should also realise that home visits are made at the doctor's discretion.
- Many problems can be solved by advice alone, therefore patients should not always expect a prescription.
- We ask that patients treat the staff and doctors with courtesy and respect. Bear in mind that reception staff, have a very difficult job to do, juggling with limited resources and without detailed medical knowledge. They are trying to do their best for you.